Perishable shipping requires a well-planned approach to ensure frozen and fresh perishables reach their destination in optimal condition. In this easy-to-understand guide, you’ll get all the perishable shipping tips and tricks you need to get your shipment to its destination cool and fresh for the market.
Types of perishable shipments Perishable shipments come in all shapes and sizes.
Here are some of the most commonly shipped perishables.
• Meats • Fruits • Vegetables • Fish • Plants • Flowers • Medicines • Dairy products
If you need to ship any of these items, you need to find perishable shipping services you can trust to do the job right. Keep reading to learn how to find the best perishable shipping company.
Choosing the right perishable shipping company Perishable shipping is a service that not all shipping companies offer. Some shipping companies only handle perishable shipments on a limited basis, so they don’t have the experience or the equipment to properly ship frozen and fresh perishables. Thankfully, there are some shipping companies that specialize in handling perishable shipments. Here are a few tips that will help you choose the right shipping provider.
• Experience—Make sure you choose a perishable shipping company that’s been successfully handling and delivering these shipments for many years. Experienced shipping companies have specific protocol in place for handling perishable shipments, helping to minimize the risk of product spoilage during shipping. So, do your research to find a perishable shipping specialist in your area.
• Equipment—The best perishable shipping companies use state-of-the-art technology for handling, storing, and pre-cooling various types of perishable cargo, including meats, vegeatables, plants, and fish. You need to look for a shipping company that has coolers and freezers at every origin, destination and transit point they serve. This keeps your perishables at the right temperature during handling and storage, helping to ensure they reach their destination as fresh as possible.
• Speed—Good perishable shipping companies understand that the quicker perishables can be delivered, the better. Pre-cooling and climate-controlled handling can help chill the perishables, but they still need to be transported fast. That’s why you need a perishable shipping company that offers the fastest transit times and direct service for perishable shipments.
Packing your perishables with care If your shipment is not packaged correctly, it doesn’t matter how careful your perishable shipping company is…your shipment may not arrive at its destination in optimal condition. That’s why you need to use product specific packaging for perishable shipments. Insulated packing materials are a must for certain perishable products, such as medicines.
Tips for success Let’s quickly recap what you need to do to ensure perishable shipping success.
1. Choose an experienced perishable shipping company that offers fast delivery
2. Package your perishable shipment properly
3. Track your shipment online to arrange for fast pickup
If you’re looking to find a perishable shipping company you can trust, start your search online. You can browse through all the shipping companies in your area to find one that specializes in transporting perishable shipments.