Choosing an air freight shipping company is easier today than ever before. Why? Because now you can use the internet to quickly find and thoroughly vet all the top air freight carriers in your area. This wealth of information allows you to make a well-informed decision, helping you to choose the right air freight carrier the first time. But when researching shipping companies online, there are a few things you should keep in mind. Use this list of helpful tips to guide you through the selection process.
• Compare shipping quotes—The internet makes it fast and easy to compare shipping rates. Most companies allow you to get a cost estimate on their website. Use these online quotes to compare shipping rates so you can make sure you’re getting a good value. Just be sure that you factor in the company’s level of service and value-added services when comparing rates from air freight carriers.
• Read about the company’s experience—Most companies have an about us section on their website. Experience is important in the shipping industry. Experienced shipping companies have specific standards in place for properly handling cargo. They also have a strong presence around the world, helping to get your shipments to their destination quickly and safely. Make sure you only consider reputable air freight carriers that have been in business for a good period of time.
• Search for the latest company news—You want to make sure the air freight carrier you choose is active and staying on the cutting edge of the shipping industry. When looking at air freight carriers, search around for their latest news updates and press releases. Find an active company that continues to be successful and make advancements in the shipping industry. This is the type of air freight carrier you can depend on to be there for you.
• Look for customer reviews—The great thing about the internet is that it gives consumers a voice. Customers can blog or post about their experiences with shipping companies, giving you valuable information to consider when researching air freight carriers. Just remember not to take any single review—whether positive or negative—too seriously. Instead, look for general themes found in most reviews.
• Contact the company to get a feel for their service—Too many shippers overlook the importance of good customer service. You want to choose an air freight carrier that employs shipping experts who are friendly and eager to offer assistance. Good customer service agents can assist you with completing your shipping documentation, guide you through all of your shipping options, and answer any questions you might have about air freight shipping. If you stick to these general guidelines, you should have a pretty easy time finding the best air freight carriers. Just make sure you do your homework as you don’t want to rush into a decision and wind up with a shipping company that provides unsatisfactory service. Start researching air freight carriers online today!