Protect Your Air Cargo Shipments
Let Amerijet give you peace of mind and financial protection against the risk of physical loss or damage to your air freight.
With air cargo insurance through Seven Seas Insurance Company, Inc., a subsidiary of Saltchuk Resources, your cargo shipment will be protected from the time it leaves your facility until it is received at their final destination.
Top Reasons to Purchase Air Cargo Insurance
- Protect your financial interest—Your air cargo insurance will automatically cover 100% of the insured invoice value, plus an additional 20%. The policy protects cargo against "all risk" of physical loss or damage from any external cause no matter what the percentage of loss, and with no deductible. Without air cargo insurance, any claim for lost or damaged cargo is strictly limited by international treaties, U.S. federal laws, and the shipment's contract as stated on the back of the Air Waybill.
- Enjoy peace of mind— Coverage begins as soon as the goods leave the shipper and/or supplier, continuing throughout transit to the final destination. Cargo insurance remains in force for 15 days after cargo discharge or delivery, whichever occurs first. Concealed damage must be reported within three days of delivery, excluding Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays.
- Take advantage of competitive shipping insurance rates—We work hard to secure the best air cargo insurance rates for our customers. Using our centralized purchasing department, we have negotiated competitive rates with a Fortune 1000 insurance company.
- Fast claims resolution— In the unfortunate event you do have a claim, our experienced staff will work hand in hand with the Seven Seas Insurance Company to process your claim quickly and without hassle. Air cargo insurance claims are usually settled in 60 days or less.
At Amerijet, our goal is to always provide the best service possible at competitive rates. Try our easy-to-use cargo shipping insurance calculator and ship your air freight knowing that your investment is protected.
What our shipping insurance covers:
- All new commercial merchandise moving southbound, northbound, and inter-island, transported by Amerijet International.
- Interline shipments, providing the cargo moves under an Amerijet Air Waybill (810).
- Used household goods (southbound and northbound), with special documentation requirements.
- Perishable shipments (see exceptions below).
What requires prior approval:
- Goods valued over $50,000.
What we can't insure:
- Live animals
- Fine artwork, jewelry, and watches
- Currency, precious metals, and bullion
- Vehicles over eight years old
- Boats over five years old
- Used household goods and personal effects without an itemized inventory with values per item